Motorized Impact Testing Machine
Motorized Model :ME-IT30-M (Analog)
Motorized Model :ME-IT30-D-M (Digital)
- Capacity: Charpy 300J / Izod: 178J
- Motorized Lifting operation of pendulum Hammer so there is no strain & fatigue to the operator while lifting the pendulum hammer frequently.
Only one operator can operate the machine easily & rapidly.
- To stop the pendulum swing solenoid Magnetic Brake is provided.
- To prevent accident large safety guard with openable doors & with an interlocking system is provided for complete safety.
- A transparent acrylic glass sheet is fitted to safeguard.
- Machine conforms to ASTM-E 23, BSEN ISO 148 & IS standards (for IZOD & Charpy scales).
- Total Maintenance-free Impact Machine.
- Higher capacity 500, 600,750 Joules impact machines are also available.
The pendulum Impact Tester of all the above models are designed for conducting Izod, Charpy test. The test methods confirm to BS : 131 : part 4-1972 (amended 15 Aug. 1993)BSEN : 10045-2 : 1993 & ASTM : E-23-94a.
The Pendulum is mounted on antifriction bearings. It has two starting positions, the upper one for Charpy & the lower one for Izod testing. On release, the pendulum swings down to brake the specimen, and the energy absorbed in doing so is measured as the difference between the height of drop before rupture and the height of rise after rupture of the test specimen and is read from the maximum pointer position on the dial scale. (It is read on Digital Panel in case of digital models)
Controls of Pendulum:
The Pendulum supports in the starting positions is by a self-resetting latch. The release mechanism is operated by a lever. The pendulum release latch is operated only when this lever is operated
Strikers & Supports:
There are two strikers and one combined support available for lifting into the pendulum and on to the base of the machine for Izod., Charpy test, changing from one striker to another is achieved simply by fixing the new striker into its position.
The Charpy test piece rests on alloy support anvils, fitted on the base of the machine rigidly held in position by Allen screws. The end stopper is provided for quickly and accurately locating the test piece centrally between the supports.
The Izod test is clamped vertically in Izod support fitted on the base of the machine. The support is provided with a machined vertical groove to suit the test piece size. The front clamp piece and the Allen screw enable clamping of the test piece incorrect height with the help of the Izod setting gauge supplied.
This impact tester offered with 300J energy exclusively for the Charpy test confirming to ASTM- E-23. This machine is geometrically checked in the works to the more stringent requirements of the American standard. The accuracy of the machine is then verified by PROOF TEST by testing standard test specimens supplied by the NIST, USA. All two sets of the five specimens must agree with the normal values within certain tolerance specified.
● Caliper gauge for checking V notch for Izod & Charpy ● Templates for checking 10 x 10 mm cross-section of Izod / Charpy test specimen ● Depth notch gauge including V & U notch gauges for checking depth blow V/U notch, angle and radius ● Self-centering tong for quick and accurate setting of Charpy test specimen ● ‘V’ notch milling cutter ● ‘U’ notch milling cutter
On request Charpy 400J / 500J / 600J Capacity or Any Other Capacity Machines are Available
|Min Scale Graduation||2J||0.5J||2J|
|Overall Size (Appx)||1.1m x 0.45m x 1.65m (H)||1.32m x 0.45 m x 1.05m (H)||1.4m x 0.5 m x 1.9m (H)|
|Net Weight (Appx)||375 kg||375 kg||450 kg|